We are a local charity providing specialist hospice care for people with a terminal illness and their families in your community.
We provide care to patients in their own homes, and in Hospice. We care for every single person that walks through our doors.
Each year it costs over £6 million to run Northern Ireland Hospice services. We rely heavily on the public to raise £3 million of this amount through donations, legacies and fundraising events.
Hospice care is free to the patients and their friends and families, but is not free to provide. The majority of funding to support Northern Ireland Hospice comes from local people.
To find out about how you can help, please click here.
- Over 3,000 adults, children and young people received care in Hospice and in their own homes.
- Within adult hospice services there were 274 admissions to our inpatient unit at Somerton House where patients received a total of 5,344 days of care.
- In Day Hospice 142 patients attended resulting in a total of 1,580 times during the year.
- Our Community Teams accepted 2,235 new patient referrals with 8,644 patients receiving ongoing care in the community.
- The Hospice at Home service delivered 5,722 hours of care during the year.